Data-driven and creative E-Commerce Specialist with over 10 years of omnichannel sales, marketing, and management experience in a fast-paced DTC production environment. Advanced experience analyzing and optimizing technical aspects of on/off-site SEO, customer path, user experience, and conversion rate optimization. Leadership training with experience building and strengthening a team of E-commerce professionals focusing on online/offline process improvement to optimize company growth.
Director of E-Commerce
Bella Viva Orchards
Hughson, CA | 2012 -2020
Leader in the Dried Fruit & Nut Industry
- Utilized technical marketing strategies to increase sales of Bella Viva dried fruit & nut products year over year. Including: Organic SEO, Paid Search, SEM (Google Ads), SMM (Facebook & Instagram Ads), Social Media, monthly e-newsletter, company blog, recipes, imagery and videos.
- Created, tracked, analyzed and optimized Google paid search and shopping campaigns: including keyword research, competitor analysis, A/B testing, negative keyword management, and remarketing.
- Setup and managed Google Analytics, Search Console, Merchant/Data Feeds, Google Ads, Google My Business, Google Customer Reviews, G Suite (company-wide). Analyzed data to project seasonal inventory.
- Served as POC for outside vendors, production, marketing, and wholesale teams for SEO guidance (research and analysis) to optimize product titles, descriptions, and third-party marketing content.
- Made data-driven decisions utilizing technology and software to track, organize, and analyze KPI’s in order to improve and streamline front-end and back-end processes.
- Identified opportunities within our daily operations to accelerate growth of Bella Viva’s E-Commerce and Brick-and-Mortar sales channels, focusing on Internet sales; BellaViva.com & Amazon/Amazon FBA.
- Utilized leaderships skills and training to manage 8+ team members while maintaining a healthy company culture and motivated team environment, focusing on improving efficiencies and eliminating waste.
- Managed customer service team, Corporate Gift Program, and multi-channel inquiries: CRM, Social & E-Comm Platforms.
Web Developer (Freelance) / Digital Marketing
Matt Garcia Media
Oakdale, CA | 2006 – Present
- Create and Manage Web Properties: E-Commerce, 3D-Cart, Shopify, WordPress, Blogs, and other Content Management Systems.
- Build websites utilizing skills: HTML, CSS, PHP, jQuery, MYSQL, CMS, SEO, Social Media.
- Develop web content strategies and generate creative ideas to engage the end user in order to increase conversions.
- Consult/implement SEO/Paid Search techniques to increase brand awareness, web traffic, and optimize conversions.
- Develop and implement SEO strategies for companies CMS/Website and Social Media Marketing to increase brand awareness, local search presence to drive in-store traffic, and online sales.
Web Developer / All of the Above
Oakdale, CA | June 2021 – Present
A project I’m working on that includes topics from all of the above and then some. To make room for learning new things, I’m documenting things I’ve learned in the past. I have invested a lot of time in learning from many different resources including books, videos, online technical documentation, real-world application, and much more. I hope sharing this information can help others navigate their way through the Interwebs. Share with your team at www.heymattshows.com.
California State University, Chico | Fall 2006
Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology
Minor in Music